The Tariff Committee is made up of underwriters from insurance companies operating in Cambodia. The responsibilities and duties of the Tariff Committee are as follows:
- To formulate, implement and maintain the tariff, as and when required, by the Association and/or Regulator.
- To formulate new rates, clauses, endorsements etc. for new trades/industries and/or trades/industries which are not found in the existing Tariff.
- To review the tariff rules/rates as and when deemed necessary required.
- To review and deliberate on the audit findings by the independent auditors for the enforcement the rules of the tariff.
- To notify and make recommendations to the Management Committee on matters pertaining to violation of tariff by member companies.
- Any other functions in relation to Tariff which are assigned by the Insurance Association of Cambodia.
The first project of the Tariff Committee was to develop a new Fire Tariff for the industry. The new Fire Tariff became effective on 01 July 2014. Another project undertaken by the Tariff Committee was the tariff for Cross Border Motor Vehicle Insurance.